STUDENT AFFAIRS ADVISOR ROLE:
The Student Affairs Advisor will provide customer service to all students on the campus. S/he will be reporting to the Manager of Student Affairs and Practicum and will help to organize the campus events and academic processes. The Specialist must maintain and exemplify the highest level of professionalism.
You will also be the liaison between the campus and the Practicum Employer Network to conduct visits if necessary to meet with supervisors and students to ensure that all externship protocols are met. The Advisor will educate our student body in regards to how the academic practicum functions, arrange and manage the highest quality practicum opportunities, increase the understanding of, and excitement about the programs with practicum.
- Supports the monitoring of student attendance based on faculty attendance records.
- Assists the student with the SAP Appeal process.
- Present new student orientation.
- Distribute textbooks at the beginning of each quarter.
- Responsible for creating campus events and calendars
- Guide continuing students on maintaining F-1 status, work authorization and other related topics.
- Make outbound calls to remind students of upcoming deadlines and school policies.
- Provide students with appropriate documentation such as employment authorizations, letters, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to students regarding online operating systems, ex: open email accounts, provide trouble-shooting.
- Provide guidance to students regarding non-academic issues.
- Organize and assist with student events, including enrollment/registration, International Student Festival and off-campus field trips.
- Consistently abide by FERPA regulation in regards to student information.
- Provide campus open/closing duties if applicable.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practicum Responsibilities:
- Manage all practicum initiatives and resolve student practicum issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct practicum site assignment orientation workshops.
- Monitors student evaluation outcomes according to accreditation and company predetermined guidelines.
- Locate, acquire and maintain the Practicum Employer Network to sustain and create employer partnership.
- Maintain consistent documentation on all practicum related activities.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
FRONT DESK/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ROLE:
The Front Desk / Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to the campus, as well as, assisting the admissions representatives. Front Desk / Administrative Assistants are crucial to daily campus operations as well as campus growth.
- Greet all visitors and students; direct visitors/customers to appropriate areas.
- Opening and preparing campus for new day’s business as assigned.
- Answer main reception phone and navigate calls to proper department/employee.
- Administrative projects such as making copies, faxing, some assembly of admissions folders as needed…etc.
- Maintain general cleanliness and outward appearance of the front desk lobby and kitchen/break areas.
- Police main lobby to ensure new visitor experience is professional and friendly.
- Making outbound appointment reminder, registration, and payment calls.
- I-20 document distribution and collection.
- Receive and sort mail.
- Contact vendor services as needed for copiers, vending machines, etc.
- Assist admissions coordinator with special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of two years full-time work-related experience. Proficiency in computer applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Ability to abide by FERPA regulations in regards to student information
- Bilingual Preferred ( Russian, Thai, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, or Arabic )
- 2 years experience in office/administrative role.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills to the job.